Questions about natural, green, bio cosmetics
The return to natural things and respect for the environment, have also penetrated the world of cosmetics. The natural and green cosmetics have come strongly to the market, which have been converted from a minor product to be a real trend in consumer habits, and with greater growth prospects than the traditional cosmetics. Even the big brands are targeting green cosmetics.
1. What is a natural cosmetic product?
- Is one that only uses in its composition, natural and untreated elements . They must come from plants and, if possible, certified organic cultivation. Since vegetable oils are essential plant extracts, It allows the use of inorganic salts and raw materials obtained from minerals, except synthetic dyes, synthetic fragrances, silicones, paraffin and other petroleum products.
- Also avoid animal testing, or contain raw materials from vertebrate animals.
- Regarding to the product packaging , the boxes, containers and bottles used are recyclable and biodegradable.
- Preservatives: natural preservatives only permitted as benzoic acid, ascorbic acid, salicylic acid and benzyl alcohol.
- Radiation are not permitted, or in the raw material or in the cosmetics and processed to kill germs or bacteria cosmetics.
- The skin is the largest organ of the body, with important functions external protection, protects us from diseases and infections outside agencies, and through it also treat toxins. To apply ourselves cosmetics on our skin is better than the ingredients contain are related to our skin and the highest purity and quality.
- Natural cosmetics are easier to tolerate, so avoid skin problems, and avoid possible allergic reactions. The truly natural cosmetics is providing a much higher amount of active ingredients in its formulation and its effectiveness is much higher than in other types of compositions. And most importantly, promotes natural cosmetics natural regeneration process of the skin, while respecting its balance, leaving it healthy, cleansed and revitalized.
- The chemicals also harm our planet. All waste used in conventional cosmetics pollute the environment, natural products employ recyclable and biodegradable packaging, also using smaller containers to limit the use of paper. Further evidence of our commitment to the environment is that none of our brands experiment with animals.
- Higher price. The demanding requirements of organic farming, which involves a special method of cultivation, without chemical fertilizers and pesticides, make its performance is lower, which increases agricultural production.To this we must add the cost to obtain organic certification, which also in developed countries like our hands are a labor cost even higher. Therefore, certified organic cosmetics may be a little more expensive than conventional ones, but the trend in recent years has been toward normalization of prices.
- Textures and smells less achieved in conventional cosmetics.
- Low durability of products in the absence of synthetic preservatives.